Regional Injection Molding Engineer - Product Supply
- Quality and Lean manufacturing principles.
- Quality control process.
Detalles del cliente
International consumer company
Descripción de la vacante
- Design, manage, troubleshoot, and implement new mold projects at 3PM's in Latam that are designed for machine, human interaction, method/process, raw material & environmental variability.
- Responsible for estimating MEA amounts and capital project execution including mold builder selection, justification, MEA processing, purchasing, and installation. Support start-up efforts including in person training and documentation.
- Recommend mold sizes (cavitation) based on volumes, seasonality, molding capacity and part cost vs. capital analysis for New Products in Ideation/Development phase.
- Interface with SCJ's 3PM staff and plant personnel, operators, and staff at contract manufacturers.
- Provide Product Supply interface for other key areas including RD&E, Finance, Marketing, & other SCJ Manufacturing Subsidiaries and to Contract Manufacturers.
- Identify, investigate, and implement potential cost savings opportunities.
- Partner with COE to identify and align globally on new technologies & mold builders.
- Consult on new mold designs to assure the molds will meet our SCJ "Mold Design and Construction Standards".
- Visit potential mold builders. Evaluate their capabilities, equipment, manufacturing process, specialties and quality control process.
- Investigate new technologies i.e. Stack molds, collapsing core systems, hot runner technologies etc.
- Analyze 3D CAD part models for moldability, molding issues and part integrity.
- Calculate part projected areas for IMM tonnage requirements and plastic volumes for injection unit requirements
- Evaluate new mold designs and suggest modifications if necessary.
- Transfer 3D data back and forth to product and mold designers to communicate changes and suggested improvements.
- Troubleshoot mold and molding problems.
Perfil del candidato
5+ years of related job experience.Good project management, written and verbal communication skills are required along with a high level of initiative.Demonstrated strong leadership skills, in project and people management in a continuous improvement environment in the areas of production, quality and Lean manufacturing principles.
Oferta de empleo
Prestaciones superiores a la ley