Responsible for supporting the network of delivering materials and services
Engage the design, purchasing to delivery with safety, on time and cost
Detalles del cliente
Important manufacturer company looks for a Materials Manager
Descripción de la vacante
Problem solving and decision making
* Practice goal-directed thinking and action in situations for which no routine solutions exist. ̥
* Understand a problem situation and its step-by-step transformation based on planning and reasoning.
* Demonstrate ability to choose between alternative courses of action using cognitive processes such as memory and evaluation.
* Demonstrate ability to map processes of possible consequences of decisions, to work out the importance of individual factors and to choose the best course of action.
* Demonstrate a commitment to the mission and motivation to combine the team's energy and expertise to achieve a common objective.
* Understand the dynamics of effective teamwork in order to attain higher levels of performance.
* Demonstrate ability to work as part of a tight-knit and competent group of people.
* Demonstrate a commitment to engage teams in other departments or divisions of the organization.
Accountability and responsibility
* Demonstrate a willingness to accept responsibility and accountability for one's actions.
* Exhibit a moral, legal, or mental accountability in areas of responsibility.
* Demonstrate ability to manage conflict by identifying and handling conflicts in a sensible, fair, and efficient manner.
* Demonstrate skill in effective communicating, problem solving, and negotiating with a focus on party interests.
Strategy development and application
* Answer the questions: "Where are we going?" and "How are we going to get there?", and create a specific and purposeful path when there are clear answers to these two questions.
* Create a strategy based on the company's core values, mission, and your vision.
* Develop goals, objectives and specific strategies to accomplish those goals.
* Demonstrate ability to manage the network of interconnected businesses involved in the ultimate provision of product and service packages required by end customers.
* Understand that material management spans all movement and storage of raw materials, work-in-process inventory, and finished goods from point of-origin to point-of-consumption.
* Receive, store, and ship materials to and from production or distribution locations by incorporating warehousing activities.
* Configure warehouses to have formal storage locations that identify the row, rack section, level, and shelf location, typically with an alphanumeric location bar code or label.
* Place high-turn items closest to packing and shipping areas, which will reduce picking, put-away times, and transportation within the warehouse.
* Select random locations when travel distances are not an important consideration and when overall utilization of warehouse space is important.
* Establish improvement initiatives focused on the reduction or elimination of waste in all areas of the material supply.
* Execute ways of eliminating unnecessary steps in product design, as well as aligning suppliers' processes with the delivery schedules and quality
* Relate well to clients, colleagues, and team members
* Maintain a positive, supportive, and appreciative attitude
* Actively listen to others and demonstrate an understanding of their point of view
* Create and open environment that encourages people to work together to solve problems and improve practices and services
* Explore and resolve conflicts as they arise
* Communicate clearly to avoid misunderstanding.
* Demonstrate a bias towards action; materialize thoughts into products or services.
Perfil del candidato
State the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge, training, certificates or licenses and behavioral requirements to successfully perform the job. These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position. The Applicant Tracking System may automatically screen out applicants who do not meet these minimum qualifications.
EDUCATION: Electrical, mechanical, mechatronics, industrial engineer.
CREDENTIALS OR CERTIFICATIONS: APICS (desirable), Six sigma basics, English fluent
EXPERIENCE: Purchasing, Product and supplier development, Supplier metrics, People management
Oferta de empleo
Attractive economic and compensation package
En Michael Page creemos en la diversidad e inclusión. Defendemos la igualdad de oportunidades sin discriminar por género, raza, edad, religión ni orientación sexual o por cualquier otro aspecto que pudiera ser considerado excluyente.